Welcome to Springfield Day Nursery
At Springfield Day Nursery, we promote the use of the outdoors for the children’s health and wellbeing. Each ‘bubble’ has its own dedicated garden, which allows free flow access to the outside environment, this is promoted by the current government guidance.
We appreciate that this is an anxious time, making the decision as to whether to start at Nursery.
We would like to share with you the measures that have been implemented, to minimise the risk of infection for the safety of all our staff and children.
The measures we are taking
• Please observe social distancing when dropping off and collecting. Please keep 2 meters away from staff, parents and other children. Parents are not be permitted to enter the setting. Staff wear face masks on drop off and collection of children.
• Handwashing takes place on entry as well as regularly throughout the day.
• Children are organised into bubbles with designated staff and rooms.
• All staff receive up to date government guidance in managing infection control and preventing the risk of Coronavirus.
• We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures. all equipment and resources are cleaned regularly including frequently t touched surfaces.
• To ensure good respiratory hygiene we promote ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ to reduce the risk of infection.
• If a child or staff member becomes unwell with symptoms in the setting, they will be sent home and asked to isolate in line with the government guidelines. Staff will wear PPE and isolate with the child awaiting collection.
What we ask parents to do
• Only parents and children who are symptom free may attend the setting, If your child or someone in your household displays any symptoms of Coronavirus please notify the setting by telephone/email, stay at home and isolate in line with the government guidelines
• Do not return to the setting until a negative test result has been received.
• Only 1 parent to drop off and collect to aid social distancing outside of the setting.
• Please do not bring any toys from home, to minimise any risk of infection. If your child does have a comforter we ask if it can be cleaned daily.
For further information information or to discuss a place for your child please contact us.
Springfield Day Nursery is the longest established nursery in the centre of Bury St Edmunds. We aim for each and every child to have a safe and happy time at nursery.
We provide full day care for children from birth to school age, on a full or part time basis, between the hours of 7.45am and 5.45pm. With three separate rooms for the developing stages and ages of the children. We open all year except the days between Christmas and New Year and Bank Holidays.
There is a large outdoor garden providing all round outdoor activities to promote physical development and the understanding of living things and the environment.
61 Springfield Road
Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3AS
From 07:45 to 17:45
to 4 Years